Graphics design and other musings

Ahlan

It's Asi again. Reviving the blog after 2 years *sighs*. I did have a couple of dusty posts with cobwebs on my drafts but never really got to posting them. One such post is titled "Why I love avocados". I know, you would've loved to read it. Except its 3 lines long. Heh.

So, yeah- Graphics design. I've joined a course to learn graphics design. It starts in a couple of weeks and I'm excited. I can't wait to learn how to make graphics and make dimes$$$. I've browsed through a couple of graphics design markets and it's got me thinking of all these possibilities like fonts, website themes, templates and other extremely cool stuff. One such example is the creativemarket website and I spent some good time checking out amazing art (do they even call it art?) and I realised, I really want to do this, have my own source of income. Design things. Sell them. Accomplish something.

A couple of weeks ago I was really frustrated, because I was thinking back on life and I couldn't point out any accomplishments. Things to be proud of. Okay, I underestimate myself. There are things that I'm proud of, but I've never really put something out there, you know? Something that has my name on it. Contributed something to the world. Then I figured I'd make my mark on the internet in form of website designing, graphics designing and stuff like that. It's a good investment. I'll be showcasing my work on here. No doubt I'll post my first designs on here. Once I start getting the professional edge I suppose I'll get a website for my portfolio. (IA)

I've been studying Arabic for quite some time now and I still have very little understanding of it, especially when I'm watching or listening to Arabic. So I decided to get more exposure to Arabic by watching more Arabic channels. It's a good thing I have Arabic satellite so I'll be watching Nat Geo in Arabic. Sounds fun, right? Yeah. I guess I'll, um, sign out now.
Ma3a Salaamah (With Peace)

You Might Also Like

0 comments