NOVEMBERLY LIFE UPDATE


Hiya, guys! It’s Asi again!

Wow. It’s November already! Where do I even begin? Maybe how I’ve been having the worst breakdowns of my life? Crying under my shades? Or maybe the good stuff—like how I started listening to audiobooks. Or how I’ve been makeup-free for about 2 weeks.

I’ve been extremely busy with school, and yet somehow I can’t tell you I’ve been entirely up to date with my assignments and tests. I’ve been very behind, in fact. I barely updated any of my 2 blogs (the other is my writing blog.) I’ve been writing small snippets of my life on there. I want to write more. I have a fiction piece on hold. It’s been on hold for a few weeks now.

I’ve been reading nonfiction. And fiction, too, but a lot more nonfiction than I usually do. I also got into audio books, and I’m having so much fun. There’s so much to learn about yourself, isn’t there? Finding new things in life to love.

I’ve been writing more. Even if it’s just two sentences of my thoughts. Even if I don’t publish it anywhere. I feel like I’m going somewhere. I feel like all this reading, and searching—the quest for knowledge is making me such an amazing person. Even though I want to be someone else sometimes. Yesterday, I went lurking on Instagram and got into such a trash mood.

I didn’t want to feel bad. I don’t want to feel bad anymore. So, I came up with this tiny verse: “I don’t want to die. I want to block out the bad parts and live the good times. I got this.”
It’s turning out good so far.

Also, isn’t it crazy how poems can really gut you with how much they get your feelings spot on? Like, mate, you really just said what I was feeling. Spot on, you even did a better job than my brain of interpreting it. Like, you even made things clearer. You fixed it, even.

I have my semester finals coming up in a week, and I have to start getting it together. I’m really positive about them. We in this bih.

I’m reading/listening to this audiobook called Solo by Kwame Alexander, and even though I’m not sure of the plot, it’s written in ‘verse’, and it’s cool to learn about all these ways of writing. Really cool. I love the poetry-like format of Kwame’s. It’s dope.


I feel like I’m getting somewhere, guys. I feel like I’m becoming a better person. I’m really going somewhere. 

Also, I'm experimenting with this new way of thinking. I'm embarking on a quest to stop being sad/ stop feeling sad, or sorry for myself, or like, sort of, hating myself? I have a whole life ahead of me, a canvas--might as well splash paints all over. 

Asi, over and out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments