December 2018 Update | Dear Diary


December 2018 Update | Dear Diary

I feel like I’ve been transported back to April 2018.

I feel so defeated and broken.

I’ve been living a lie for the past 5 months. Being vegan, eating healthy, working out; all that stuff made me walk into a brighter place. I think taking care of yourself has that effect on you.

I thought I’d leave 2018 in a happier, more stable state of mind/mind set. That’s not what it looks like. I’ve been forcefully shoved back into April.

I’m just so devoid of light and life.

The world should excuse me for nurturing a small hope that life could be bigger and better. There are just some things that humans can’t change. No matter how bright and intense your spark flares, some things can’t change.

All that I thought I’d worked for and all the growth I’d had is just trodden to dust. (I know it’s not all for naught but I’m feeling things here.) I’m once again in a place where I feel like all I have now is the best I could hope for. Things will become dark and dreary in a whole new way.

I’m just resigned to my fate now. The one I tried to fight. The one I stopped fighting and accepted. The one I thought I could once again fight.

It also bothers me how much one person could raise and crush my hopes with only their words.

I’m a fool.

I’m a fool for entertaining grand hopes.

What IS life after all? Coasting a regular life and appreciating contented-ness and not yearning for excitement that more could exist.


You Might Also Like

0 comments