Brains Vs Beauty


Ok, let's say you're marooned in a remote lonely island in the middle of an unknown sea- which would you rather have : brains, or beauty?
(I know the whole island thing is so cliche, but deal with it)

I know most people would say they would rather have brains. I mean, wouldn't you need brains for survival? Build a shelter, look for food, send some kind of signals. I don't know why but the other option would be the girl crying over her broken mani nails.

But before you go all gung-ho on me, first things first- by beauty I don't mean who you naturally are, I mean caking your face with makeup and believing it to be the only reason for your existence. Oh God, I'm doing this all wrong. If you cake yourself up with makeup, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you. Should I end this post here? It's going all wrong.

*cries* I just wanna make myself feel better

I'm just saying that there're people out there who don't have the right self esteem about their bodies and when they go on insta and see all the cool girls out there, they just feel like-like curling up and waiting for the world to end (no, it's definitely not me, just sitting behind this laptop on a cold May evening)
The world is chock-full with amazing  people who look like real angels. Angels, I tell you. There's a person I once saw, I'll never forget them, looked like an angel come down to bring peace. Isn't yellow the colour of peace? Yeah, I think so.

I was talking with my sister the other day, about this same topic. And by the end of the talk, I was feeling aight about myself. Then I went on insta. So many beautiful people. Sigh.

The world today expects you to be plastic perfect in terms of beauty. I don't know how I personally can live up to such high expectations. I don't really wear all that much makeup, but I know it's such a hassle. If you want to know, I only use organic shea butter on my face- which is always as dry as the freaking Sahara- and the occasional eyeliner.

I also need to say that just because you're beautiful doesn't mean you don't have brains. And just because you have brains, doesn't mean you aren't beautiful. Take Hermione for instance- she's so cool.

I just want to say to myself, and you, o honoured reader, that we're all on a journey to find ourselves. And when I find myself, I expect I'll live peacefully and at one with myself. I hope we can all reach there one day. To be so grateful and immersed in our selves, to live with who we are, and to accept ourselves.

You Might Also Like

0 comments