Graphic Design Advice For When You're Feeling Low On Creative Juice

Hello peeps.

In my last post or something I kinda talked about how I let my Graphic Design take the back seat while I settled into learning both Standard and Lebanese Arabic. Lebanese studies are going great, thanks for asking!
My sister showed a piece of GD from someone on Tumblr, it was just basic shapes really, nothing too fancy -wait who am I kidding it was great! But as I studied the work, I realized that I could follow the steps and come up with something cool like that.
This great pic is from oblyvian.tumblr.com

This post is first and foremost a piece of advice for myself. Sometimes I feel low on creative juice, and I pick myself up with these bits of wisdom:

Graphic Design is a beautiful process of creating things. And beautiful things take time. I mostly put together tiny and easy graphics and add some delicious fonts (mmm, I love font browsing) and voila-I'm done. Sometimes I'm making some artwork and can't believe the amount of time it takes to get a medium sized project done. I'll say it again, good things take time.

When you have no idea what to create for a background, or really any job, just remember that it's all a matter of:
  • Shapes
  • Lines
  • Curves
The softwares we have (You rock,Illustrator!) are great beasts of code. You can do so many amazing things easily. I love the Pathfinder Option-it's just fantastic.

Finally, I  just want to say that, you've got to keep practicing and practicing. You're gonna find so many ways of creating things, so many interesting ideas, you're gonna find what you really want to do in this field. And when you discover your talents, you can perfect them and be so amazing.

Here's Kili:

You Might Also Like

0 comments