Memoirs of The Half Year


Mostly because it's June (WHERE DID ALL THE OTHER MONTHS GO?!) and also because I've been blogging for 6 months now (technically it's 5, but I'd like to keep a semblance of order). I've done many MANY amazing things this year. I don't go to high school anymore whoop! (That sounds weird-what I mean to say is this year was my first year of living without worrying about lame old high school.) I WORKED HARD PEOPLE. I shed tears. I drew blood (kidding-only kinda). I ran after my dreams before they left me behind. So many good things happened to me. God blessed me in abundance.

I joined a Graphic Design course, pushing university for a bit later. It sounds like I had a completely chill time, but that's NOT true. I worked my ass off. Uhuh. I worked for myself, by myself. Working hard for school is something else- but I worked hard. I wrote a lot, not only in this blog. Other places too. I practiced GD late into the night. I made sure I would never regret joining design school. I drew out a course for myself, and I'm following it. Yes, I am.

I amazingly reduced my social media time, leaving twitter all together. I took up art, left it, blogged a lot, found so many amazing bloggers out there, felt jealous, got over it. I felt lame sometimes, but mostly I thrived. I found Maggie Stiefvater. I read books. I grew. I lived. I thrived. I am a raging river. An empress. A warrior. I will conquer myself.

I learned a lot of Arabic. I studied hard. I'm proud of what I've learned so far. I started learning Lebanese Arabic. I watched some dramas. I accepted that even though I didn't know enough, I was working towards learning more. That is enough. I worked out. I took many days off. I did it for my health and fitness. I  wished. I did.

I read Quran. I memorized some. I came to peace. My laptop kept slowing down. I was patient. I screamed in frustration. I updated it. The update failed. Somehow it all got fixed. The year is halved. It ran by so fast. But I have scars to remember it by. (um, no. no I don't have scars haha) I'm ready. I'm ready for the next half. I hope it's as fulfilling and abundant. I'm waiting for Ramadan. To fast. To pray. I'm waiting for Eid. To celebrate.

I will live. I will exist. I will thrive. I will learn to love myself. I will conquer. I will defeat.
Warrior Queen Vibes. I will build an EMPIRE.
*battle cryyyyyyy*

You Might Also Like

0 comments