Life Update: Post Ramadan

MY BLOG NEEDS HELP. I NEED TO FIX MY MENU BAR. Plus, if you're interested in checking out my work, head over to the portfolio tab, which by the way doesn't show up on mobile (SEE WHAT I TOLD YOU-MY BLOG NEEDS HELP) I post on my Portfolio page regularly, so. It's all Tumblr's fault, really. They took down a post of mine saying it was offensive. Then I quit.


With Ramadan over, Shaytan's outta play. *Harsh Gulp* *whispers* I think he's out to get me.
I was FINE in Ramadan, but now everything is weird and faded and whitewashed. I feel so LAZY to do things and I've noticed this subtle shift in me, and I keep shifting away from Ramadan me.

I'll give you an example: During Ramadan, I could clear through pages of Quran, reading both the Arabic, and the English texts-but now, reading Surah Kahf on Friday seems like a HUGE task.

WHAT DO I DO SOMEONE HELP ME

I don't exactly know whether it's just in my mind (what are you saying, Harry- just because it's in your head doesn't mean it isn't real) or whether it's true; that he's out to get me more than ever before.

The other day I wore niqab. It was my first time wearing niqab to the outside world, and I'll tell you that it was fantastic. (Even though I only wore it in the car on the way to school and took it off in class). Here are a few bullet points of how I felt wearing Niqab;
  • Firstly, I had a runny nose so it wasn't exactly the best of times to wear it. Cue awkward hanky under niqab nose wiping
  • I had all the liberty to make creepy chipmunk faces under the niqab. Clearly I had so much fun
  • I honestly felt so free because I had no expectations to meet. No one knew what I looked like, so I didn't care
I had Eid over at my uncle's house and it was really fun. I completely forgot that I had some mad football skills. I haven't kicked a ball in a few years. I had a great pizza, too. The mosque part of Eid was awesome. I took a bunch of pictures that were really cool.

I realise that I've taken a reaaaaalllly long break from the 2 main things that define me: Graphic Design and Learning Arabic. Sometimes I see young people on social media really reppin' it with their work and then I look at myself and feel horrible because A) I don't regularly design stuff these days (I was busy though) and B) I don't usually post my work on social media because Tumblr took down an innocent post of mine. Sheesh
I really need to get back to learning Arabic, gosh. I haven't learn a new word in AGES.

I plan to do a lot of lettering iA and I really want to get good at this. I'll post on my Portfolio tab, and I really need to fix my coding. I took off the menu bar when I got this template because I didn't need it, but now I DO need it and I don't know how to fix it.

I don't even plan my posts and my writing is lame but I wanted to post something. Gaaaaieiufcnc bye

You Might Also Like

0 comments