2018 New Year’s Resolutions




Hi. It’s Asi, writing from the motherland! It sucks. Moving on, I realize I didn’t write up my 2017 yearly recap post, but oh well. I probably can’t remember anything being so far away from where 2017 basically happened. 

I guess 2017 was pretty cool. I mean, I went on a safari at the beginning! I have a very picturesque memory of the amazing savannah backdrop teeming with wildlife (the magnificence is hitting me in an odd way) lots of giraffes, antelopes and elephants for miles and miles!

I remember really nice restaurant conversations, really nice chips, and probably odd reactions to a lot of things. Lol I’m not crying what. (Seriously, I’m not). I’m not. Why would I? I swear I’m not what the hell. 

I can’t exactly remember much of the first half of the year, which coincides with the college semester, which means it was probably pleasant enough. 

The second half of the year was pretty much a roller coaster. Lots of ups and downs. I have no idea why though. I did everything the same as usual, but I guess I needed character development or something, and got steamrolled by life pretty much. I had a really nice time, but I also had really bad times, so I can’t really conclude whether it was good or bad. I went out, spent time with amazing people and I really love and cherish all those moments. Also, dark times. That’s all. 

In all, I think 2017 was needed. And important. Or whatever. Some of the things that happened didn’t need to happen, but oh well, I can’t go back and change anything, because they happened. I didn’t do them. Or wait, maybe I did. Ugh. Bye.

The Actual Resolutions

Read more non- fiction/ seek knowledge
I feel like this is pretty much my reason for existence. Learning new things, and enriching your existence. I’m going to be reading a LOT this year, and that’s saying something because I read a LOT. I read so much this year, I wish I’d kept track. As I grow older, I’m seeing how much more fulfilling it is to read non-fiction. I read a bunch of self-help books this year, and I legit feel the difference, the impact they have on me. That’s cool. I was reading Sophia Amuroso’s book (Can’t remember the name dammit) but it was basically her memoir on how she started up her flourishing clothing website Nasty Gal (I’m sure this spelling is wrong) and she mentioned reading a ton of self help books and I’m sure I’m heading in the right direction. *winks*

Read more audiobooks
I think I’ll be spending a lot of time listening to audiobooks next year because I LOVE THEM. They’re great for getting my pronunciations right, but mostly they are great entertainment. I feel way cooler now that I’m an audiobooker (yes, that’s a real word) and I’m gonna squeeze in time for audiobooks whenever I can. Life is short, but it’s long enough for audio books.

Write more
I don’t consciously and constantly think of myself as a writer. I guess a lot of people wouldn’t call me one, but damn sir, you’re wrong. Grade A writer right here! I remember once when I was on the way to joining a karate class (ended up not joining it), I was scrambling around, trying to grab scraps to use as self esteem, and I was like, ‘I’m a great writer’, whispering it furiously to myself. Ah, well. At least I didn’t need to bank on that. I didn’t need to bank on anything for that matter, but I did end up buying a bunch of awesome tees that day.
I want to write more. I want to write crap, and I want to write best selling content. I have a half-finished fiction outline catching dust in my laptop (it’s part 2 of a series) and I have quite a few fans… like, 2. I LOVE MY FANS. I think they’re called readers though?

Don’t repeat mistakes from 2017
*Loooooow whistle*
I have made SO many mistakes this year, like what the heck. I have made so many mistakes. Like, what even. So, so very many. I think 2017 takes the cup for dumbest decisions, acting childish, and basically doing dumb things. See, when I was 18, I thought I was done growing up. I recognized myself as a rational adult, and treated myself as such. There was no more growing up to do. I literally thought of myself as a women. But when I hit 20, it was like I was back to being a 10 year old. And that’s a disgrace to my actual 10 year old self, because I’ve always been a composed, and good child. Luckily, towards the end of 2017, I decided to get a grip and start acting mature again. Or at least like I had a conscience. Like I had to live with the dumb things I’d said and done, and boy am I living with them. Cringing at every turn. So yeah, I’m going to not repeat mistakes, and I’m not going to make mistakes. And you know? That’s going to be easy for me--heck it’s already easy for me because nowadays I have a grip on reality. It takes going through horrible stuff to finally stop acting like a dummy.

Concentrate on self
I know that I don’t need anyone to complete me, and I am ENOUGH on my own. I’m planning on concentrating on myself, self love, the usual. The human mind is amazing, honestly. If you believe something, even if it’s not true, your mind will accept it. And my affirmations are true, I mean, there’s a lot of good things I can say about myself. I’m honestly a bit concerned, and mostly looking forward to seeing how 2017 is going to psychologically affect me in the coming year.

Achieve more
Sometimes, I wonder what I’m doing in life, with life, with all that I’ve been given. I can mention a few things I’m proud of--but is it enough? I have so many resources but I barely use them. It drives me mad sometimes, but I’ve come to accept that life can just be lived, and not consumed with utter fervor and passion or whatever.  Lazy, but whatever.

Keep myself sane.
I’m prepared to do anything, believe anything to keep myself calm and balanced. I’ve been doing this actually. Kicking out old beliefs that make me go crazy, like karma. I don’t believe in karma anymore. If karma exists, I’m in for a load of crap, people. I mean, okay maybe it exists, but I don’t care, it doesn’t exist to me, so I don’t have to think of it. That’s the kind of thing I’m talking about. There’s also other stuff I’ve been doing. Forcing myself to believe that everything is okay, or something.

Stop trying to be so cool
One of the most important things to pretty much everyone is to have a good impression on people (except for my sister, she’s an alien frog or something, she once told me). I want to stop putting too much effort. I mean, I’ll put in effort, but for different reasons and with the right intentions. I want to stop caring too much about how I look, yet in essence I wear clothes that are designed to NOT draw attention. I have to consciously remember that.

That’s it for this post. I hope I can go through with these resolutions, and I feel like I can, because it seems that I started on these resolutions some time before 2017 started. Ciao.
Asi.


You Might Also Like

0 comments