I wrote a little poem for you

Actually, I wrote four. I found these poems in a book I was using during my finals (!!!). I was supposed to be studying >.> I have no idea what inspired me to write them. I just wrote them on a random page, the book was lost in antiquity (lol) and resurfaced a few days ago. I tore out the page and tucked it into my notebook. It's a wonder it didn't get misplaced, seeing as I used it at home and I took it to school.

I want to preserve my (not-there) poetry skills. I'm going to leave the punctuation and the lines exactly the way I wrote them because it probably had some sentimental value to me as I was writing it. I didn't give any of them titles, so I'll just make some up as I go.

Seeing as I haven't posted for a few days, I decided I would put these up. The first time I wrote poetry/ was exposed to poems is when there was this poetry workshop at our school. I was about eight, and these guys came to our school to teach us poetry writing. Everyone got sorted into groups and I got into this group where they made us list a couple of stuff like:

Someplace nice
A mystery
What you like
What you hate

I must say, I was pretty proud of my poem because, for an 8 year old, it was amazing. It was something along the lines of:

I'm in a castle, in a palace...

That's the first line of the poem, and I'm pretty sure there was a part of me feeling dizzy and fainting- and no, I was not a damsel in distress, because I got up and a pig told me to eat it (wth Haram!!!)
When we got out, we saw that these other guys had different poetry styles, like some guy was teaching this kind of style:

Smashes tomatoes,
Crushed oranges,
Pots and pans and
Lemon and grass.

Or something like that. I know at some level, my poetry sucks.
 My elder sister writes AMAZING poetry, if I do say so myself.

So, here we are..... The Great Poems of When I was Supposed to Be Studying
*Badum-tiss*



The One Where A Never-Before-Seen Colour Smells Like Moss

Fear and hope and darkness and shade
One of a kind, two of a pair
Abyss of light, could you imagine?
A colour of neither red or green or blue
It speaks of time and clocks and watches
It smells of moss, and of wind
It paints the eyes of “them”.


The One Where Worlds Never Begin

A whisper to the sea of thoughts
Of our every fathom
Of fantastical words and lisps
Of secrets in the light and shadow
They whisper against the breeze
Trying to catch of a wisp
A glimpse from an alternate future
Or a world never to begin.

The One Where White Has a Sound

I speak of the sound of white
What you want to say when your lips part, what you take back
And what you regret
I speak of a shaky breath no one
Heard, they should have,
They should care.
I speak of the things they do not
See, of what you hear when the light is yellow.
I speak of the sound of white

The One Where Eyes Are Feathers of Clouds

Light, and nothing too fantasy-like,
But own own galaxies tell of fantasy
We don’t escape reality, we are more than real
We don’t wait for reality, we are reality
Feathers of clouds are our eyes
And leaves of wind come to bring
A new change in destiny


*Clears throat* As you can see, I like using words that aren’t exactly supposed to be used with a particular word e.g “leaves of wind” and “sound of white” I also used a lot of the word  “fantasy”. I don't know whether I rounded up all the cool sounding words and put them together, or whether I wrote from the bottom of my heart- Trust me, I wrote a feely poem about life once.

I'm pretty sure I wrote these at school. They also come with a wispy feather doodle and some kind of symbol that looks like an A and a magnifying glass (idk). I was feeling a bit self conscious about whether to post some of them, because they seemed repetitive (like the one of: we are reality, we are more than real) and a bit personal. And then I was like,"Who cares?" I'm just documenting my last year as a teen. Wait, did I mention that I'm now 19? *disheartened whoop* Adulthood is bearing down on me. I don't know whether I'll like what's waiting out there for me, but my Graphic Design career is looking bright. 

Ma3a Salaamah.
With Peace

You Might Also Like

0 comments