Journey to The Bookstore

It's a "journey" because it takes a lot to get out of the house and into the sunshine + people anxiety.


Hi
Today I put on my big gurl pants and decided to travel the world (bookstore). I rarely go out, and I really wanna travel the world, but sometimes home is the best place to be. I didn't find the book I wanted to get, which is "Reclaim Your Heart" by Yasmin Mogahed. I absolutely love this woman. She's a true LIONESS and represents a generation of empowered females. The next book on my list was "The Sealed Nectar" which is basically a biography of the prophet (peace be upon him). It's this chunky book but I was too broke for it. Sad, right? It's okay, since I have the e-book. Which reminds me of my e-book.

*blows dust off the top* It currently numbers 500 words and here's a tiny shot of it for you;


It needs a whole lot of work, including a free printable conjugation chart. I remember at the beginning of the year I was so motivated to tick this off my to-do list but I'd exhausted all I had to say with in 500 words. I've decided to just go ahead and post it on here so anyone can have a good idea on how I learnt what Arabic I know right now.

I'm a fan of real books, but the way the world is going, I think e-books are the big deal. Besides, you can just get rip them off the internet (for lack of a better way to say pirate shhhh!!!) I'm not really sorry, because books are hard to come by where I live, and I'm perennially broke.


After this little escapade, I had to go to school, which was really slow. We had to design business cards, which I'm familiar with because I learned this stuff in high school. I was trying to ask the instructor how to save an illustrator file as a normal file so I could upload it on here, but he wasn't answering my real question. It's okay because I didn't take my flash disk so I couldn't bring anything home. Next time I go iA I'll bring back a piece of my work. I'm really dying to get Photoshop and stuff but it's like 700$ Lord who has such money?! I'm just waiting for a new laptop so I can get the programs from school. I hope it comes in time for my 19th!
I've always had this feeling that my 19th year will be my last. Spooky, right? I guess I just removed the spook off it by broadcasting it to the world. I hope. I gotta start being good. Who knows?
I saw something on this design website threadless.com that make me guffaw. It looks suspiciously like a hijabi:


You Might Also Like

0 comments