My First Graphics Design

HI

So, yesterday, I took my flash disk to school, and brought home some stuff I was working on. I came back home and checked them out but everything looked so lame. Here's some consolation for myself though: they haven't yet taught us all the tools from Adobe Illustrator, and at least I managed to do something. Everyone else was just sat there doing nothing. I go through multiple tutorials online and browse through graphic design portfolios like behance.net and dribbble.com. I even sketched down a few nice looking business cards. But when I try doing this stuff, it seems like I'm trying to be "cool" and showing off. My class is pretty short, and I sit at the front, so it's basically impossible to work on my own stuff. So I'm just stuck doing whatever projects we have to work on. I'm really looking forward to my new laptop. And tomorrow's the date of my birth. Blessed y'all's life with my cosmic presence. The other thing is that I keep confusing myself as to whether my birthday is actually 23 or 24th. By the way, I think all people born in March are cool. So if you're a March baby, virtual fist bump.
Also on the topic of yesterday, we had some guests over and my mom made this full blown over feast. So I stayed up waiting for them to leave so I could have  an amazing one-to-one with the food. I don't ever eat dinner this late, and I don't usually eat dinner anyway. So I was just pumping myself with food, and today morning I felt so full and weird. I think it's because I slept on a full stomach. Advice: Don't sleep with a full stomach/ Don't eat right before bed.

 Moving on...
THE GREAT REVEAL
I'm actually pretty proud of this one. I did the hills and trees part based on a tutorial I saw online at home. Internet access is denied at my school so I just have to get ideas at home, then try them out at school. I usually check out step-by-step tutorials from design.tutsplus.com and I guess I miss out some steps, and I have to use tools my instructor hasn't yet taught us. I don't know if I'm happy or sad to say that's my best one because there are some mistakes with it, like: the hills are not aligned, the text is messed up,etc. Besides, the instructor told me that white is not a true colour, and neither is black. Also, he told me to use "shouting colours" like red and yellow. Hello? Does this guy know what's trending out there? Because it's pastels and lines, and black and white. See what I'm saying? That's why my work is not that cool.
I got to check out some tools this time round, for example (you don't see it, but) I worked with the J of the Jesa, and made it more visually nice looking, shifted it a bit away from the E.
Ugh, you know what? I don't care if it looks ugly. It's just my first try. You'll see my amazing works to come. I'll be making amazing fonts, great textures, mind blowing graphics, and trendy logos. iA.

Now, for the ultimate masterpiece of the century *drum rolls*
You're allowed to laugh. It's so comical. I mean, red cows?! Reminds me of that scene in Percy Jackson of the cows from the Triple G Ranch. The words are actually supposed to be black and white- like REAL cows. But guess who said B&W are not real colours? HE MADE ME MAKE THEM RED GUYS. Exhibit A: Cows from Hell, people.

Speaking of exhibits, my uni was hosting an exhibition where all the kids showcase their work and meet potential employers. I checked some of their stuff, which was actually pretty cool. I got myself some business cards. Next time I'll get myself a stall and wow people with my skills.

I found some really amazing graphic designer on IG, and checked out her website, www.fatimaalmuhtaram.com. I want to be like her, and even better.I'll be trying trying out the 365 day Illustration Challenge, even though March is almost over.

That's it for today, I hope you enjoy my posts. Comment below, it would really make my day :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments